It has been a long time since I've developed and released an application on this site, but that drought is over! Today I announce a new application called Time Lapser. It's a simple application to let you combine a directory full of JPEG images into a movie file. I had been using an application called PhotoLapse to make time lapse videos from the web cams provided by the NPS at Glen Canyon NRA, but I did not like the interface provided, so I decided to make my own.
This application hasn't really been fully tested, but it has been generating videos for myself without many issues. I am releasing it as a beta, until I can get any and all bugs ironed out, but please feel free to try it out and definitely report any crashes or other issues with it on the contact page.
Version 188.8.131.52 of SMTP Mail Sender is available. This was a simple fix to allow it to accept the -cc and -bcc flags from the command line. It also allows you to add one or both of the following options to the configuration file:
This will automatically populate those fields every time the application loads.
These were very simple changes to the application, and it should be fully backwards compatible with any scripts that you may be using to launch and automatically send emails with. If you run into problems, feel free to contact me via the contact page.
As of Saturday, February 18th, I have been notified that TrueIP is no longer functioning for people around the world. I have done a little research and found the problem and a potential solution.
It appears that http://myip.dnsomatic.com no longer functions properly. It has been working for years, but I imagine it has been abused, much like my own service was, so they had to take it down. Or it possibly could just be down temporarily for maintenance. Either way, to make TrueIP work again, the primary lookup site needs to be replaced with an alternative. You can try changing the lookup site in your preferences to http://whatismyip.org/ or http://my-ip.heroku.com/ and see if that resolves the issue. If you can't get TrueIP to launch at all (which seems to be the case for most people), you can perform the following steps:
- Open an explorer window to C:\Program Files\HazteK Software\TrueIP or if you are on Windows 7 64-bit, C:\Program Files (x86)\HazteK Software\TrueIP
- Find the TrueIP.exe.config file and open it with Notepad.
- Find the following section in the configuration file:
<setting name="CheckURLs" serializeAs="Xml"> <value> <ArrayOfString xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/
2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/ 2001/XMLSchema"> <string>http://myip.dnsomatic. com/</string> </ArrayOfString> </value> </setting>
- Replace the <string>http://myip.dnsomatic.
com/</string> with <string>http://whatismyip.org/ </string>
- Save the file and try starting TrueIP again.
These steps helped me get it running again, and I hope they will help you as well.
If you have any more problems with the application, please feel free to post a comment on this blog post, or contact me directly.
Pandora Desktop has been updated! In September 2011, Pandora changed how they deliver music to the desktop. Instead of a player that used Adobe Flash as the application platform, it has now been updated to be fully HTML5 compliant. Due to this change on Pandora.com, I have updated the player available for download from my site to support this new format. The new version has only been tested with Internet Explorer 9 installed on my system, so if you run into problems, I recommend upgrading your browser to the latest. If you are running Windows XP and find that you can no longer use the application, please let me know so I can save others the trouble of downloading the application if it will not work for them.
A new version of TrueIP was released on April 15, 2011. The application now supports email servers that require SSL authentication before allowing to send messages through their SMTP service. Websites that require this include Gmail and Hotmail. Please let me know if you have any issues with this feature, as it is new and may contain a bug or two. Also in this latest version is the ability to change the refresh rate. Somewhere along the path, version 2.0 lost the ability to modify the refresh rate, and it was stuck at 30 seconds. The new version now gives you a wide range of options as well as the ability to specify down to the millisecond how often you would like your external address refreshed. Some other minor features/fixes were also included in the latest version. You can download it from the application details page or directly from this post.
Also released about the same time was a new version of Zune Playlist Editor. It now supports command-line parameters so that you can call it from a batch script, as well as basic support for batch scripting built in. Please feel free to download it from the application details page or directly from this post.